Is my award portal incomplete?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Barely

Is my award portal incomplete?

Post by Barely »

I got my acceptance email today and logged into the award portal to see what exactly the award is and what conditions I'm committing to by accepting the award. Unfortunately, I don't see any documents in my award page that say what my award is (the only page with anything on it is the general award overview which tells me my SF). I'm thinking I should be seeing something under the "viewing documents" tab that describes the award details specific to me, especially since this page refers to a "document viewing password" but there is no password that I can see next to it.

Is my award portal incomplete? Has anyone had this problem and if so did it clear up on its own or did you have to contact someone? Any suggestions?

DifferentGuest

Re: Is my award portal incomplete?

Post by DifferentGuest »

Barely wrote:I got my acceptance email today and logged into the award portal to see what exactly the award is and what conditions I'm committing to by accepting the award. Unfortunately, I don't see any documents in my award page that say what my award is (the only page with anything on it is the general award overview which tells me my SF). I'm thinking I should be seeing something under the "viewing documents" tab that describes the award details specific to me, especially since this page refers to a "document viewing password" but there is no password that I can see next to it.

Is my award portal incomplete? Has anyone had this problem and if so did it clear up on its own or did you have to contact someone? Any suggestions?
The "Viewing Documents" tab is only there to give you your document password (which is added after you submit documents). This password is used to protect/encrypt your PDF forms that contain sensitive personal information.

Look under "Manage Award Documents". There should be a bunch of PDFs, the "Award Letter" and "Service Agreement" should tell you everything you want to know.

littlehope

Re: Is my award portal incomplete?

Post by littlehope »

As discussed in previous threads you have to "accept" the award before you can view any of the documents in the "Manage Award Documents" section. If you are really so hesitate to accept before reading anything just remember that (a) even if you accept but then fail to submit all the paperwork that is a way you can still "reject" and (b) even after filling out everything you have a second chance to reject after the site visit if you are getting a bad impression.