Transcript submission via email?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
HOrobOD

Transcript submission via email?

Post by HOrobOD »

Has anyone else submitted their transcript via email?

My cover letter said I could, so I ordered a digital copy to be sent from my school to the email given. I was sent a notification Monday that my transcript was received, meaning someone accessed it, but it hasn't gone green yet on my "Award Document Status".

Do they really accept digital transcripts, or should I order a physical copy? How long can it take to process?

kbl2017

Re: Transcript submission via email?

Post by kbl2017 »

Training and the award cover letter both said they accept it electronically. Since it's not due till later I'm guessing it just takes longer to put in the system by hand and they're in no rush.

Guest111

Post by Guest111 »

HOrobOD wrote:Has anyone else submitted their transcript via email?

My cover letter said I could, so I ordered a digital copy to be sent from my school to the email given. I was sent a notification Monday that my transcript was received, meaning someone accessed it, but it hasn't gone green yet on my "Award Document Status".

Do they really accept digital transcripts, or should I order a physical copy? How long can it take to process?
I had to request an official transcript through my university. I sent both an emailed copy and a physical copy which went out very quickly. The email one only took 1-2 days to be delivered. They have not updated the section which tells me which documents they have received yet though.

DifferentGuest

Post by DifferentGuest »

I submitted mine online 2 weeks ago and sent a paper copy as a back up. Both have been received, but my award portal also does not show confirmation (still gray x, instead of a green check). I am assuming they are holding off until they can go in and confirm a whole bunch at once, as opposed to doing it one at a time. They seem to do it like that every semester.

ForensicMS

Post by ForensicMS »

I emailed SMART about this, and they replied saying they had a large number of transcripts to go through and it was causing some delays.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

when are the transcripts due by? I mailed mine in, a physical copy, and from the ups tracking says it has been received but not on my portal

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

guest_ne wrote:when are the transcripts due by? I mailed mine in, a physical copy, and from the ups tracking says it has been received but not on my portal
July 1st! Mine was emailed and I got a "SMART downloaded this" on Monday and it's still not on my portal.