Educational Work Plan and Degree Completion Date

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
anonymous12345

Educational Work Plan and Degree Completion Date

Post by anonymous12345 »

What happens if we don't end up exactly following the Educational Work Plan that we have to submit? Like for example, what if I end up taking a class in a different semester than was expected? Also what if I don't know the exact degree completion and conferral dates yet, should I just write the month and year, or do I need to contact my school?

SMART-ish

Re: Educational Work Plan and Degree Completion Date

Post by SMART-ish »

Similarly, my Service Agreement lists May 1st as my degree completion date. Do I need to get that changed if my degree completion is later in May or is that just an approximate date?

GuestNH

Post by GuestNH »

anonymous12345 wrote:What happens if we don't end up exactly following the Educational Work Plan that we have to submit? Like for example, what if I end up taking a class in a different semester than was expected? Also what if I don't know the exact degree completion and conferral dates yet, should I just write the month and year, or do I need to contact my school?
In terms of not following the exact plan, I emailed SMART a few days ago, and they said a revised version can be submitted at any time.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

SMART-ish wrote:Similarly, my Service Agreement lists May 1st as my degree completion date. Do I need to get that changed if my degree completion is later in May or is that just an approximate date?
I believe this is just your last stipend month.

SmartRecipient

Post by SmartRecipient »

I called a few days ago, and the lady on the phone from SMART seemed pretty casual about it, and said it could be changed after its submitted since they know its hard for us to be exactly sure of future classes.