internships

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
internships

internships

Post by internships »

I just finished my freshman year and I had lined up a two-week internship with a NASA program...
My question is are we expected to intern for our SF this summer ? or do we intern for them the summer after the first year of funding ?

Phase_3

Re: internships

Post by Phase_3 »

I also received the scholarship my freshman year (am now in Phase 3) and didn't have to do an internship until after my sophomore year, so you should be good to go for this summer.

Post by Guest »

Do they ever offer employment after the completion of phase 2?
Phase_3 wrote:I also received the scholarship my freshman year (am now in Phase 3) and didn't have to do an internship until after my sophomore year, so you should be good to go for this summer.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Guest wrote:Do they ever offer employment after the completion of phase 2?
Phase_3 wrote:I also received the scholarship my freshman year (am now in Phase 3) and didn't have to do an internship until after my sophomore year, so you should be good to go for this summer.
I believe most SF's hire you full time and you just have the option to leave after two years. Though I've heard/seen some who seem to lack funding and can only offer a temporary position. The government, however, is pretty good at planning this out. They want us to continue working for them it's like private companies leadership development programs.