Joint Degree Possible?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
guest11

Joint Degree Possible?

Post by guest11 »

Hello,

It is possible for me to gain a joint degree with MBA if I were staying another year at my current institution.
I am just wondering whether it is allowed to postpone my service start date for that reason.
I am considering to spend one extra year without the DoD Support if it is do-able.

Has one tried to do such thing?

Thanks!
J

Guest1234

Re: Joint Degree Possible?

Post by Guest1234 »

Usually this isn't possible to do unless you do one of the following:

Apply for SMART again, but for this additional degree/time, which means you might get paired with a different SF... Or speak with your current SF and see if they will support this additional degree and time. There may be other ways to get it funded through SMART or approved; these are just the two I can think of right now.
guest11 wrote:Hello,

It is possible for me to gain a joint degree with MBA if I were staying another year at my current institution.
I am just wondering whether it is allowed to postpone my service start date for that reason.
I am considering to spend one extra year without the DoD Support if it is do-able.

Has one tried to do such thing?

Thanks!
J

guest11

Re: Joint Degree Possible?

Post by guest11 »

Thanks for your reply.
This is not a STEM joint degree, so I don't think that it would be supported by the SMART scholarship.
I thought of paying it out of my pocket with a temporary leave of absence which would not extend my contract with the SMART. Hope this would be possible. I will reach out to my SF and ask if this is allowed.

Thanks!

Best,
J