Site Visit Allotment

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
Anon011011

Site Visit Allotment

Post by Anon011011 »

When would SMART give out the site visit allotment ? Is there "a day" where all of us get our allotment or is it given out just before the site visit date which obviously varies..

Guest020202

Re: Site Visit Allotment

Post by Guest020202 »

I was just sent an email that I'll be receiving it May 3rd. It just depends on when they process your paperwork I guess. It said I'll be receiving $2000 and I don't need to keep receipts or pay them back. It's just a lump sum.

guset

Post by guset »

Has anyone received payment?

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

I received an email saying that I would be getting the payment via direct deposit. Confirmation of the payment depends on one's financial institution. I would guess the funds will be there in 1-2 days.

Guest020202

Post by Guest020202 »

I haven't received it yet, but they posted that they deposited $2000 on May 3 in my award portal. Nothing is showing in my bank account yet though. Not even a pending deposit.

Anon-one

Post by Anon-one »

My allotment showed up this morning in my bank account. I guess it takes about 2 days. Give it time.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if the amount of your allotment is dependent on how far away you live, or does anyone over 50 miles away get $2k for it?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Does anyone know if the amount of your allotment is dependent on how far away you live, or does anyone over 50 miles away get $2k for it?
It's fixed.

randomchick

Post by randomchick »

So, there should be a link for "Recruitment Site Visit Request Approval" If you got the $2k under "Documents" once you sign into the portal. Then, there should also be a $2k under "Payment History"... this is if you got the stipend for site visit