Working for one DoD agency while SF is another

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
ps5811

Working for one DoD agency while SF is another

Post by ps5811 »

I have somewhat of a weird dilemma. I applied for SMART while I was a Fed with the Army but now I am working for the USAF as a fed and I am considered a Retention Applicant. My current employer is a listed SF and I have let my supervisor know that I would like to continue working for them but I have not had a phone call, email or anything regarding their sponsoring me in the program.

I did, however, get selected by CERDEC at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. I was curious if I were to accept sponsorship by CERDEC, could I continue to work for my current employer while in the program. In other words, would they allow me to keep an Army and USAF CAC? If so, how would the 8 or 9 week summer employment with CERDEC work when it comes to dealing with the USAF employer?

Has anyone dealt with this situation before? If so, how did it work? I tried to research it online but was unable to find anything that would answer this question. I have also contacted the CA to see if they knew the answer. The person who I spoke to at CERDEC was new and was not sure how the process will work.