OPM Data Breach - Who here was affected?

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
usguest

OPM Data Breach - Who here was affected?

Post by usguest »

I was recently notified that my personal data was compromised. Adding insult to injury here.

DocSea

Re: OPM Data Breach - Who here was affected?

Post by DocSea »

I was notified last year that I may have had my data compromised and they offered to enroll me in some from of identity protection, free of charge. They never confirmed if my data actually was compromised, just that it may have been.

Here's hoping they at least offer you some form of coverage after OPM's massive snafu.

Post by Guest »

DocSea wrote:I was notified last year that I may have had my data compromised and they offered to enroll me in some from of identity protection, free of charge. They never confirmed if my data actually was compromised, just that it may have been.

Here's hoping they at least offer you some form of coverage after OPM's massive snafu.
I got a letter from them a couple weeks ago saying I might have been compromised as well, so they gave me a free account with a monitoring company.

Post by Guest »

It would not be too farfetched to assume that everyone (current or former employees) with any data in OPM was compromised. This would include anyone with security clearances (SF-86s) and/or polygraph test results which would be mean contractors as well.

Yea. It's bad.