how to set up tuition payments with SMART

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients

how to set up tuition payments with SMART

Post by Guest »

My cohort administrator is being slow to respond so I thought I'd ask this probably easy to answer question here.

Who do I notify at my university so they know that SMART will be making tuition payments, and what do I tell them exactly? I just received an email from my university notifying me that the first tuition bill is due Aug 1st, so I want to make sure I have everything set up before then because I definitely don't have the money to cover it myself...

Thanks!

Re: how to set up tuition payments with SMART

Post by Guest »

In your account at smart.asee.org/award, there should be something about a registrar or bursar's letter. Print it out and take it to your university's student finances office. They'll read over it, maybe have some questions, and then just send a bill to SMART each term. My university made it a really straightforward process, and I just made sure to give them a copy of the most recent letter at the beginning of each year so that everyone was on the same page.

Re: how to set up tuition payments with SMART

Post by Guest »

Actually I just checked and in my account it's "Sponsor Letter for University". If you haven't read through all of the documents on the sidebar in your account, you should, regardless of how boring they may seem. Better to be bored and well informed than to miss some small but crucial detail.