Blog Post on the Smart Scholarship

General Discussion for SMART Scholarship Recipients
superskbman

Blog Post on the Smart Scholarship

Post by superskbman »

Hello fellow Smart Recipients, I recently made a post detailing the SMART Scholarship on my blog. I was hoping I could get some feedback on it; if I missed anything? if anything is incorrect or outdated?

http://www.famvestor.com/smartscholarship/

Anyway let me know. I write very positively about the scholarship, because it made such a great positive impact on my life, I know there are others on here who don't feel that way, but I try to recommend the scholarship to as many people as I can.

Looking forward to all your feedback, thanks.
Read my Blog at www.FamVestor.com

Learn about creating Passive Income, Being Frugal, Living Optimalisticaly, and designing a wholesome lifestyle all for the purpose of Investing in your Family.

aviatorPeanut

Re: Blog Post on the Smart Scholarship

Post by aviatorPeanut »

I'm not a recipient, but I enjoyed the post. Now you've made me even more anxious about hearing back!

Post by Guest »

Great post. Two revisions:

1. ISP is now $1,000/week (not $1,200/week)
2. In addition to tuition and the book allowance, you get $1,200 for health insurance and you get all fees that are required of all students. You get the book allowance and health insurance payments regardless of your actual expenses. So, if you don't spend a lot on books (either because you use online versions or you resell the books after the course) and you are on a compliant family health insurance plan, you pocket another $2,200/year. Relatively speaking that is not a lot of money but it sure pays for a nice vacation every year.

superskbman

Post by superskbman »

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the update, I was a 2011 cohort, so its been a while.

I will make sure to add those changes.
Read my Blog at www.FamVestor.com

Learn about creating Passive Income, Being Frugal, Living Optimalisticaly, and designing a wholesome lifestyle all for the purpose of Investing in your Family.