Phone interview question

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Phone interview question

Post by Guest »

It sounds like a lot of people are hearing about phone interviews. If I haven't heard yet, is it too late? Or do some facilities run on different schedules? Also, will you necessarily get an interview? I seem to remember reading somewhere that you don't necessarily need an interview to get accepted.

Re: Phone interview question

Post by Guest »

It's not too late, and all the centers do run on their own schedule with respect to interviews.

Post by guest »

Also have not been contacted by any SF, so you are not the only one. I also have heard some SF do not conduct interviews.

Post by Guest »

Many don't do interviews. In 2012, I had my interview 4 days before the cutoff date to make a selection.

noblerare

Post by noblerare »

I myself haven't yet received a phone interview either and I am getting worried...

Post by Guest »

Is it by any means "bad" to not have any interviews at this point?

Post by Guest »

I was third guest comment on this thread. Still no interview. Nuclear Engineering major. Hoping it is not a bad thing, but any sort of contact would be nice.

Post by Guest »

Nice to know I am not the only one not to have heard anything

zschearer

Post by zschearer »

I got one from Eglin air force base 3 days ago. They pretty much asked me one short question and told me about what I would do there. Then asked if that was okay and said they would be in contact soon. Then i got one yesterday from NAVSEA but they were scheduling a real phone interview, made sure I had up to an hour of free time to chat.

From what I hear, not getting a phone call is not a bad thing. A lot of people don't but still get the reward.

Anyone do a serious phone interview yet? what questions do they ask?

Post by Guest »

zschearer wrote:I got one from Eglin air force base 3 days ago. They pretty much asked me one short question and told me about what I would do there. Then asked if that was okay and said they would be in contact soon. Then i got one yesterday from NAVSEA but they were scheduling a real phone interview, made sure I had up to an hour of free time to chat.

From what I hear, not getting a phone call is not a bad thing. A lot of people don't but still get the reward.

Anyone do a serious phone interview yet? what questions do they ask?
Did they call you to set up an interview or did they email you?

zschearer

Post by zschearer »

No emails other than the one saying I made it to next round and may get a phone interview. First one was like a 30 second phone interview. Second one they called to schedule it and told me clear out an hour of time for it. No emails.

anxious_sloth

Post by anxious_sloth »

I haven't gotten a phone interview OR an e-mail yet. I'm starting to get a little worried. I am in the semi-finalist list, but I haven't been contacted by anyone yet.

I know that it's still possible to get an award even without it, but I would still like to be contacted so I can see which SF would want me and just meet them in general.

:/ but I guess I have to wait.

Post by Guest »

^Same boat

Post by Guest »

Lol trust me, the interview doesn't make you less nervous. Not the end of the workd either way. Best of luck

Post by Guest »

Has anyone received an "acceptance interview" yet where they ask you if you're accepting the award and what not?

Post by Guest »

^I assumed that would be an email? No contact since I was told I was moving to the next step.

Post by Guest »

I received a call today asking about my order of preference of sponsor.