Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Fort Belvoir, VA

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Guest5

Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Fort Belvoir, VA

Post by Guest5 »

Has anyone served as an intern at the DTRA or fulfilled their post-graduation employment there?

Larry

Re: Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Fort Belvoir,

Post by Larry »

They have a range of offices with various missions. Like every other internship/employer it matters far more who you are working for within the organization than what the organization is and what it accomplishes.

jallenworthey

Re: Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Fort Belvoir,

Post by jallenworthey »

Larry, I appreciate your input! I'm a Nuclear Engineering major, and their mission attracted my interest. I imagine that working there would be both challenging and rewarding--something worthy of life-long dedication. But, as you point out, it could depend on the boss. I suppose the only way to find out would be to ask people who work there already how they like working there?

Larry wrote:They have a range of offices with various missions. Like every other internship/employer it matters far more who you are working for within the organization than what the organization is and what it accomplishes.