FINALIST!!!!

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: FINALIST!!!!

Post by Guest »

I just got my award at 11am eastern time. My last name starts with a P. Looks like they may be doing it in alphabetical order. Good luck to everyone

Post by Guest »

I just got an award notification at about 11:50 and my last name starts with an S

Post by guest »

Matt wrote:
guest wrote:
Matt wrote:Hey guys, I also received the award email. I received it at 3:33 pm eastern. I was awarded a 3 year scholarship to receive my BS in electrical engineering (I'm a freshman undergrad), I never reived a phone interview (from either SMART or the place that picked me), and my email has 8 attachments. Feel free to ask questions!

Time to go take a physics exam... :-\
So you did not receive an email from the Smart Office last week?
That's strange.

I received an email saying they were doing the phone interviews, but not an email scheduling me for a time. My last name begins with an F and I received the email at 3:33 eastern, so the last name thing sounds true.

It also doesn't list my acceptance anywhere on the application page.
If you dont mind me asking, what are your credentials? I am also a freshman going into electrical engineering, I did receive an interview from a facility and Smart last week. Also what was your sponsoring facility?

Post by Guest »

Just received my award 11: 38 am eastern time. I am a retention candidate with the USACE pursuing a bachelors in mechanical engineering.

Post by Guest »

P here
I got the Email @ 11:08AM
Physics Major, Junior Year

I was seriously losing hope earlier today.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Just received my award 11: 38 am eastern time. I am a retention candidate with the USACE pursuing a bachelors in mechanical engineering.
I forgot to mention my last name begins with S.

Post by guest »

My last name begins with R, so looks like i got passed over :( bummer.

Post by Guest »

I'm in as of 11:50 AM eastern! Last name starts with an S.

Post by Guest »

waiting is driving me crazy.
my last name starts with a V.

Post by guest »

I know the feeling my last name is "W"...

Post by Guest »

Hopefully someone with a Z gets it and lets us know so us hopefuls know when we're hopeless. Heh

Post by Guest »

11:15 am Last name starts with R!

Matt

Post by Matt »

guest wrote:
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:Hey guys, I also received the award email. I received it at 3:33 pm eastern. I was awarded a 3 year scholarship to receive my BS in electrical engineering (I'm a freshman undergrad), I never reived a phone interview (from either SMART or the place that picked me), and my email has 8 attachments. Feel free to ask questions!

Time to go take a physics exam... :-\
I received an email saying they were doing the phone interviews, but not an email scheduling me for a time. My last name begins with an F and I received the email at 3:33 eastern, so the last name thing sounds true.

It also doesn't list my acceptance anywhere on the application page.
If you dont mind me asking, what are your credentials? I am also a freshman going into electrical engineering, I did receive an interview from a facility and Smart last week. Also what was your sponsoring facility?
3.75 GPA, no research experience but I did a summer program at UPenn for robotics, the SF is an Army Communications-Electronics Research Development Center in Aberdeen MD (I didn't list them), and I have various other achievements and awards from High School. Someone above had mentioned SAT scores.. I had a 770 in math (the other sections weren't that great..). To be honest, I'm still completely shocked that I was selected without any interviews.

Post by guest »

I wanted to wish all of you who were selected the best of luck. As it appears I am not receiving an email I assume I was on of those not selected. Thanks to this forum it filled in alot of the whatif and questions I had.

Post by guest »

Has anyone else received an email since earlier today?

Post by Guest »

Anyone past S receive a letter?

Post by Guest »

I know an r got it.

RUchemE

Post by RUchemE »

got mine at 11:30AM. Last name starts with an R.

congratulations to all the finalists

Post by Guest »

It looks like the offers stopped about 12:00 EST. Maybe they stopped early for Good Friday? Did anyone get an email much later than that?

Post by Guest »

Email received 12:58 EST, last name starts with a W.

Post by Guest »

Any other later letters V,W,Z?

different dod

Post by different dod »

Rentention candidate for a masters in aero eng, received award notice 1:30 central. Last name is an "M". Congrats to all.

Post by Guest »

So what happens to those that did not recieve an email? I thought everyone would be notified in regards to their application status regardless if they were selected or not.

Post by Guest »

They are going in alphabetical order but they are also going by the budget, once they have gone through the definate yes's. Then they will go back and see who else they can "afford" to offer an award. Seeing how it is easter weekend, we probably wont know anything more until Mondayish.

kodyt4

Post by kodyt4 »

I am a semi-finalist and I have not yet heard from Smart. Is this a bad sign or do they take several days to send out acceptance? My last name begins with 'F'.

Does anyone know of any other internships? I am a sophomore Civil Engineering (Honors) with 3.89 GPA.
Thank you for helping me out...