FINALIST!!!!

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
RUchemE

Re: FINALIST!!!!

Post by RUchemE »

For those of you who did recieve the award what does it say right now under the transcripts on the smart website when you log in?

Post by guest »

I have not heard anything yet and have a theory that they are giving out the awards alphabetically. My last name is toward the end of the alphabet...how about those who have heard??

Post by Guest »

I was thinking the same thing haha.

Post by guest »

guest wrote:I have not heard anything yet and have a theory that they are giving out the awards alphabetically. My last name is toward the end of the alphabet...how about those who have heard??
that seems most likely, I got one at 2 and my last name is a D

Post by Guest »

RUchemE wrote:For those of you who did recieve the award what does it say right now under the transcripts on the smart website when you log in?
I have not received an award email yet.....hopefully I will, are you asking because the "Fall Transcripts Received" note has been removed?
No clue what that would mean.

Post by Guest »

Well the good news folks is that no one has been told "NO" yet.

Post by Guest »

I feel like dropping all plans I have made for the night and replacing them with the F5 key.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I feel like dropping all plans I have made for the night and replacing them with the F5 key.
this.

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:Well the good news folks is that no one has been told "NO" yet.
Probably because its easy just to mass email out NOs to everyone else... :/

Matt

Post by Matt »

guest wrote:
Matt wrote:Hey guys, I also received the award email. I received it at 3:33 pm eastern. I was awarded a 3 year scholarship to receive my BS in electrical engineering (I'm a freshman undergrad), I never reived a phone interview (from either SMART or the place that picked me), and my email has 8 attachments. Feel free to ask questions!

Time to go take a physics exam... :-\
So you did not receive an email from the Smart Office last week?
That's strange.

I received an email saying they were doing the phone interviews, but not an email scheduling me for a time. My last name begins with an F and I received the email at 3:33 eastern, so the last name thing sounds true.

It also doesn't list my acceptance anywhere on the application page.

RUchemE

Post by RUchemE »

Guest wrote:
RUchemE wrote:For those of you who did recieve the award what does it say right now under the transcripts on the smart website when you log in?
I have not received an award email yet.....hopefully I will, are you asking because the "Fall Transcripts Received" note has been removed?
mine said 'fall transcript recieved' then another line after it that read 'new brunswick campus' - Selected

not sure what it meant.. but i guess emails are still coming out.. i didnt get my interview email till monday when everyone else got them friday.. maybe itll be the same deal this time around..

Post by guest »

Matt wrote:
guest wrote:
Matt wrote:Hey guys, I also received the award email. I received it at 3:33 pm eastern. I was awarded a 3 year scholarship to receive my BS in electrical engineering (I'm a freshman undergrad), I never reived a phone interview (from either SMART or the place that picked me), and my email has 8 attachments. Feel free to ask questions!

Time to go take a physics exam... :-\
So you did not receive an email from the Smart Office last week?
That's strange.

I received an email saying they were doing the phone interviews, but not an email scheduling me for a time. My last name begins with an F and I received the email at 3:33 eastern, so the last name thing sounds true.

It also doesn't list my acceptance anywhere on the application page.
I also read on the college confidential website that a person facebooked previous smart scholars, and they never got interviewd by SMART or a facility.

Post by Guest »

Any others that have received an award email care to share the first letter of your last name?
If you dont mind could you also state your credentials? Such as sponsering facility, gpa, degree type and major, act or sat scores?

wishful guest

Post by wishful guest »

there's still hope. Chris Moulder said he didn't get word till april 2 last year.

Post by Guest »

Has anyone received an email saying that they have NOT been given the award? Seems suspicious.

Post by Guest »

I hate to say this, but I doubt "NOs" will go out until after the 15th. That's the due date for all the stuff they sent the awardees. If any of the awardees reject the award or fail to return the documents more awards will be made. I know the waiting sucks, but hay..... I could be wrong.

Post by Guest »

Last year, I believe everyone was notified at the same time. Those that were selected, those that weren't, and those labeled as Alternates.

Guest2

Post by Guest2 »

Hey all,

Got my award email, was sent after inbetween 12:30 and 1am last night, eastern time.

Retention candidate here, last name starts with an N, and going for PHD

Post by Guest »

Seems like they could be going in order of last name. My last name also begins with N, and I got my email at 12:44AM Eastern.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I hope that is how they are going, mine starts with an S so I hope i get an email today. /pray /pray /pray

RUchemE

Post by RUchemE »

Matthew wrote:I hope that is how they are going, mine starts with an S so I hope i get an email today. /pray /pray /pray
R here.. i really hope so too haha

Post by Guest »

Z here...

Post by Guest »

So anyone received an email past the letter N? Are the emails that have been received pretty detailed explaining why it is taking such a long time?

Post by Guest »

RUchemE wrote:
Guest wrote:
mine said 'fall transcript recieved' then another line after it that read 'new brunswick campus' - Selected

not sure what it meant.. but i guess emails are still coming out.. i didnt get my interview email till monday when everyone else got them friday.. maybe itll be the same deal this time around..
Are you going to school near new brunswick? I looked at smart and theres not a facility there...

RUchemE

Post by RUchemE »

rutgers is in new brunswick.. it was just al ittle thing i noticed before. its gone now... so ill just me wating...