FINALIST!!!!

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: FINALIST!!!!

Post by Guest »

The army corps is always hiring interns. Not sure if its to late but it never hurts to try. Im majoring in Architectural Engineering (closely related to CE), 3rd yr, and I did not recieve am email neither. I guess we will find out later, so dont give up until you get a no or alternate email from smart. Very few have been successful in predicting what exactly SMART is doing, so just be patient until you can confirm your application status.

Post by Guest »

Has anyone else heard anything since Friday? Such as no's or alternates?

Post by Guest »

They said they were going to let everyone know but seems only the recepients have heard anything, and who knows if they plan to award any more.

SMART Program Office

Post by SMART Program Office »

If you did NOT recieve an awrad offer directly from ASEE, you did NOT recieve an award. No offer, implied offer, etc. from anyone other than ASEE is a valid award offer. This includes any calls you may have gotten from a facility that interviewed you.

Post by guest »

wow so much for letting everybody know...not even an email telling us we didn't get it

Post by Guest »

That's very vague. Will alternate emails be sent out? Are all the finalist emails sent out?

YO

Post by YO »

Anyone can post on these forums and claim to be from the SPO. We will all get an email letting us know the status of our application. I am sure of it.

Post by Guest »

just got this from smart
"Thank you for applying for the SMART Scholarship. At this time all 1st round award notices have been sent. Depending on acceptance/decline rates the SMART Program Office may issue a 2nd round of award notices in mid April. All applicants will be notified of their final status by the end of April.

Again, thank you for your application and we will follow up with you as soon as we have more information.

The ASEE SMART Scholarship Team"

bummer.

megeinstein

Post by megeinstein »

"Thank you for applying for the SMART Scholarship. At this time all 1st round award notices have been sent. Depending on acceptance/decline rates the SMART Program Office may issue a 2nd round of award notices in mid April. All applicants will be notified of their final status by the end of April.

Again, thank you for your application and we will follow up with you as soon as we have more information.

i was definitely not surprised. thank goodness they finally let us know so that we could stop waiting and hoping.

Post by Guest »

Dont give in just yet until you get that "No", so there is still hope (a small amount but hope none the less).

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I just got the same email. Doesnt look like they plan to name anyone alternates this year, just gonna see how it pans out I guess. I was shocked that I didnt get chosen, seeing as how I did get an interview from both a facility and the SPO. Anyways, I am thankful they had the kindness to send out this short little update email.

Post by Guest »

I still am waiting to receive the rejection notice, but I imagine it wont be too much longer.

I was an alternate last year, and I am glad they are no longer continuing to use that status -- they had us waiting for months!

Since I did not receive and phone interviews, I think I have zero chance at making it in the second round (if it was to even happen).

Overall their communication has been better than last year, but still not great.

Post by Guest »

Did anyone who received a phone interview from ASEE not get an award?

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Guest wrote:Did anyone who received a phone interview from ASEE not get an award?
I received both an interview from a facility and an interview from the SMART Program Office and I did not receive an award.

Post by Guest »

Same here. I thought that was progress but I guess i was wrong.

Post by Guest »

You would think they would at least say no by now if no facility sent your name back.

Post by guest »

Just an FYI. I spoke with ASEE, they are waiting to hear from the DOD if they want to award a second round of awards or not. ASEE indicated they should hear from the DOD this week, but either way all final notifications will be out by the end of April. Congrats to those who received the award, and to those of us who have not (yet), there is still a slight chance.

Post by Guest »

Its the end of April now. Has anyone heard anything about anything about potential second round?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Its the end of April now. Has anyone heard anything about anything about potential second round?
nope havnt heard anything yet.

Final Email...

Post by Guest »

We regret to inform you that you have not been selected as a SMART scholarship award recipient for 2010. At this time all awards have been made. The Program received approximately 3400 applications this year, from which, 298 SMART Scholarships were awarded.

We wish you well in your academic endeavors and encourage you to reapply during the next application period of August 1, 2010-December 1, 2010.

Thank you,

The ASEE SMART Scholarship Program Team