Pre-emptive SMART Interview E-Mail Discussion

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Jim M

Re: Pre-emptive SMART Interview E-Mail Discussion

Post by Jim M »

No more guessing... I e-mailed and they answered...

Jim,

No, there will not be another announcement until the final award notifications go out. A definite award date has not yet been named; award notifications are tentatively scheduled for the end of March| the beginning of April. We will notify semi-finalists if this date changes.

Thank you for your patience.

The ASEE SMART Program Team
c/o American Society for Engineering Education
1818 N St. NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Email: smart@asee.org

Ian C

Post by Ian C »

This is super embarrassing, but I was reading this thread thinking it was started in 2011. I even emailed ASEE asking why I never received a recommended semi-finalist email.

I was confused and getting super distressed because Hanscom AFB told me up front that I was being recommended as their top BSEE choice. The rep from Hanscom whom contacted me before did confirm that I won't know anything more until I do or do not receive an award letter.

Leave it to an engineer to overthink when you look something important over.

Post by Guest »

Anyone get emails today? Post when you do to put others out of their suspense... also, does anyone know if applicants who weren't chosen will receive an email letting them know?

xkcd13

Post by xkcd13 »

No such thing as "over thinking"; You are just "missing something".