Any word?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
RIP11

Any word?

Post by RIP11 »

As a first time candidate, I'm just wondering when I could expect to hear the first transmission for the review process. I understand the process but it never mentions anything about hearing from them. Also do you hear if you don't make it at some level of the review process?

2012_UMD

Re: Any word?

Post by 2012_UMD »

The first round annoucements/rejections should go out mid-February. Then, it'll be facility specific if you hear anything before the final word oes out mid-to-late April (or May if it goes as long as it did last year).

StillWaiting

Post by StillWaiting »

Still haven't heard anything. Does that mean you made the mid-Feb cut, or has no one heard either way yet?

guest123

Post by guest123 »

StillWaiting wrote:Still haven't heard anything. Does that mean you made the mid-Feb cut, or has no one heard either way yet?
On the SMART facebook page they said we would find out about the first cut by the end of February.

MLW62

Post by MLW62 »

I just received this. Check your email.

Dear XXX ,

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been reviewed and you are eligible for the next phase of the Department of Defense (DoD) SMART scholarship selection process. As part of this process, you may be contacted for an interview. Neither this email nor interview is a promise of an award.

The 2013 SMART Scholarship-for-Service awards will be announced in the Summer of 2013 contingent on the availability of appropriated funds.

Please be advised that the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) is the only entity that can officially inform you of your award status.

We congratulate you on your success thus far. If you have any questions, please contact us at smart@asee.org.

On behalf of the DoD,

Thank you,

The ASEE SMART Program Team

Alpha Gamma Darling

Post by Alpha Gamma Darling »

Me too!! Good luck to everyone who got it so far! I'm nervous though, because i'm a biomed major and they don't accept tons of those...

kewii

Post by kewii »

I received my congrats email about an hour ago so keep checking your email throughout the day.