Pay scale for award

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
In_Stitches

Pay scale for award

Post by In_Stitches »

Here is a question: does anyone know the usual pay scale during the program? The website says $25k - $41k based on prior educational experience (likely subject to change because of these budgeting issues), but does anyone have any anecdotal info? I'm particularly interested in how Ph.D's are paid who requested multiple years.

Re: Pay scale for award

Post by Guest »

In_Stitches wrote:Here is a question: does anyone know the usual pay scale during the program? The website says $25k - $41k based on prior educational experience (likely subject to change because of these budgeting issues), but does anyone have any anecdotal info? I'm particularly interested in how Ph.D's are paid who requested multiple years.
It's laid out elsewhere in the forum and in various locations of the SMART website, but for refresher:

They don't pay based on what you are seeking, they pay based on what you've earned.

If you've finished a high school diploma, you get $25k/year
If you've finished a BS, you get $33k/year
If you've finished a MS, you get $38k/year (I believe)
If you've passed your PhD qualifiers (advanced to candidacy) you get a 10% raise. (BS+PhD quals = $36.3k/year, MS+PhD quals= $41k/year)

These may change as SMART continues their transition to new management.