Current DOD Employee

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
DOD Employee

Current DOD Employee

Post by DOD Employee »

I'm a current DOD employee with DCMA and I'm very interested in applying for this program. I have experience as a Acquisition Program Manager with the Air Force (ESC) and Quality Assurance and Contract Management experience with the Army and DCMA. I'm planning on transitioning over to the Engineering (Acquisition) side of the house with a major in computer science or systems engineering. I'd like to get hired on at a major product center such as the Space and Missile Systems Center at LAAFB or SPAWAR in San Diego. As you can see, these are not DCMA agencies. I saw in the FAQ that a current DOD employee can transfer to another agency, but how common or feasible is that. Also, I'm currently at the GS-11 pay rate, it says that my current agency is highly encouraged to supplement my pay with any gaps between the award and my current salary but is that likely? Especially if I want to transfer to another Agency? If I stay with DCMA, how can I get them to cover the the difference? Also, how often does DCMA sponser people into this program? I don't see them listed anywhere in the sponsor facilities page. Any help or insight would be appreciated.