Was Dellums real?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Guest55

Was Dellums real?

Post by Guest55 »

After checking all of social media, noone has seem to have received it. Very strange to have a new scholarship, send out multiple emails and social media posts and see nothing about recipients.

NoMoneyforYou

Re: Was Dellums real?

Post by NoMoneyforYou »

My guess is they used money allocated for Dellums on their Smart program. It's an election year and they were probably worried about funding scholars for 4 years when they can fund double the number of 1,2,3 year scholarships.

At this point, I would be very surprised to see that they awarded even 1 Dellum scholarship. Shame on them for leading entering freshman on like they did.

whatscholarship

Post by whatscholarship »

I reached out to SMART....

There hasn't been one post/tag to your Facebook as someone who was a recipient. On all of the Smart Scholarship platforms there also hasn't been anyone that reports being a recipient as well. Were any Dellums Scholarships awarded? If so, are you able to say how many?

This was their reply....

Yes, we were able to send out Dellums scholarship awards. We are waiting on the final number of awardees to go into their portal and hit 'accept award' so we do not have an exact number of awards given out at this time. We expect to be able to publish that number on our website no later than August, once awardees become official Dellums SMART Scholars.

Dellums

Post by Dellums »

Still not one name over 2 weeks later.