SMART Scholarship Application- Follow Up Requested

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

SMART Scholarship Application- Follow Up Requested

Post by Guest »

Hey I just got an email that says they will call me requesting follow up information on my application today or tomorrow. Anyone else get this? Is it normal?

Re: SMART Scholarship Application- Follow Up Requested

Post by Guest »

They may be asking you to re-rank your SF preferences (if more than one facility recommended you). I did not receive the email.

Post by Guest »

Sounds like this (something I found on here):

March 15 - March 28
Evaluation Level 4
The SMART Program Office reviews application materials from and conducts phone interviews with, all candidates recommended for review by DoD agencies.
As a result of information obtained during the phone interview and application review, some candidates may be disqualified from award consideration...approximately 2/3 of all recommended candidates were offered awards.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:22 pm

March 15 - March 28
Evaluation Level 4
The SMART Program Office reviews application materials from and conducts phone interviews with, all candidates recommended for review by DoD agencies.
As a result of information obtained during the phone interview and application review, some candidates may be disqualified from award consideration...approximately 2/3 of all recommended candidates were offered awards.
I hope this is what it is, thanks for sharing that seems likely!

Post by Guest »

Btw I got the call today just checking in if I had received any interviews and if I wanted to add the interviewing facility to my list? Kinda not was I was expecting but I of course added the sponsoring facility to the list.

Post by Guest »

That seems odd?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:22 pm

March 15 - March 28
Evaluation Level 4
I think it was the call this is referring to?