Is it possible to get more than one offer?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Nerd21

Is it possible to get more than one offer?

Post by Nerd21 »

Does anyone have information on how it works if more than one facility selects you? I have had 3 interviews, one from my #1 ranked facility and two from SFs that I didn’t rank. After my interviews I prefer one that I had not had ranked. If my #1 choice and a nonranked SF both select me, will I automatically be placed with my #1? Or would I get more than one offer? Or could I rerank my SFs?

yaboku

Re: Is it possible to get more than one offer?

Post by yaboku »

Definitely possible to get more than one offer. My understanding is that when applicants are notified of their offers in April, they will have the option to choose which facility they want. And the SFs who get rejected can then offer spots to other students.

Nerd21

Re: Is it possible to get more than one offer?

Post by Nerd21 »

yaboku wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:55 am
Definitely possible to get more than one offer. My understanding is that when applicants are notified of their offers in April, they will have the option to choose which facility they want. And the SFs who get rejected can then offer spots to other students.
Thanks! When looking at past posts from awardees it seems that one SF was chosen for each person who received an award. Some of these people mentioned receiving a call from SMART to re-rank their facilities? Not sure. I'm hoping you're right and if we get more than one offer we will be able to choose!