San Diego?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
anon2002

San Diego?

Post by anon2002 »

Anyone get a call from San Diego? I don't know if I should reach out

Dilly

Re: San Diego?

Post by Dilly »

I think it's too late now. I could be wrong, but I think they've made their recommendations. Plus, I think most of the CA facilities are more highly competitive and probably won't appreciate inquiring calls.
Of course, I was told by the Corps of Engineers chief that I called that fortune favors the bold, so it's up to you.
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

anon2002

Post by anon2002 »

Dilly wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:15 pm
I think it's too late now. I could be wrong, but I think they've made their recommendations. Plus, I think most of the CA facilities are more highly competitive and probably won't appreciate inquiring calls.
Of course, I was told by the Corps of Engineers chief that I called that fortune favors the bold, so it's up to you.
Thank you for the reply! Ya I thought that it might be too late now, but I was hoping (praying) that people would post they didn't get a call, just so that I knew I had a chance 😢 Still, to the people who did get interviews, I wish you all the best!

Fingers crossed I still somehow get it

Dilly

Post by Dilly »

There are many of us who got no calls or emails. It ain't over yet!
Semi-finalist :)
At a state university - 3.90 GPA
Pursuing BS in civil engineering w/ minor in geology

noblefishh

Post by noblefishh »

Not sure if still relevant, but I received a phone interview from a SF in San Diego in late February.