Dual Enrollment

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Dual Enrollment

Post by Guest »

I am going to apply for a SMART scholarship as a Computer Science freshman. I participated in dual enrollment courses while in high school so technically I have already attended a college. I was wondering if SMART wants these transcripts along with my high school or would it confuse them if I send college transcripts with approximately 40 credit hours from a community college on them as a freshman. Thank you for any help

empty

Re: Dual Enrollment

Post by empty »

It would depend on two things (I think):
1) do the CC courses/credits show up on your undergraduate transcript? If they do, then I feel you NEED to include the CC transcript.
2) do you plan on including the CC courses in your GPA estimation for the SMART program? If so, then (again) you'd NEED to include the CC transcript.

If both answers are a "no" then you may have a grey area where you need to decide. It also may be pertinent if you think you are going to graduate undergrad in 3 years instead of 4 because of the CC credits you entered with.

Correspondingly if you just came from one of those states that "certifies" high school teachers to teach upper level high school courses and call them college credits (which is BS in my opinion), I wouldn't include any transcript because its still a high school class no matter how you slice it or pimp it out... but that's my personal soapbox.