Finalists Info

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
purpleGiraffe

Finalists Info

Post by purpleGiraffe »

Has anyone been given the fingerprint cards yet/been notified that they are a finalist?

jlit

Re: Finalists Info

Post by jlit »

I havn't heard anything about it yet. Im assuming that the lack of posts means that they havn't notified finalists yet.

blackbishop

Post by blackbishop »

Hey, I applied last year and was named as a semi-finalist (later an alternate). We got an email on February 24 telling us that we were semifinalists, to possibly expect a phone call, and get our ducks in a row for the SF-86. I wouldn't get too worried until about the end of February if you havent heard from them. Good luck!

applicant

Post by applicant »

hopefully we hear soon! waiting is the hard part.

Chris Moulder

Post by Chris Moulder »

Finalist info went out on the 24th too. Interesting that I only now realize that's my birthday.

Smart-Applicant

Post by Smart-Applicant »

According to Smart-Guide though, and we all know by now too, this year we all did our SF-86 beforehand. So they have that information on file for quicker processing. I guess what we all await is to know whether or not we get a fingerprint card, SF-87. Then that means we are at least Semi-Finalists. As they say, you can't make things happen any quicker than they do. Deadline for fingerprints is the 28th, but its their deadline. Of course if behind, deadlines can change. So no one should worry. I am sure we all have a lot of other priorities going on, so no need to get grey hair guys. Out of our hands and as I said, Que Sera Sera whatever will be will be =).

jlit

Post by jlit »

Does the committee that selects finalists mean in Washington D.C.? I'm from the Washington area and we just got hit by a 3 foot snowstorm which pretty much made it impossible for some people to get out of their houses. I am not positive if this would effect anything but it could just be one more reason that they would be behind schedule.

Chris Moulder

Post by Chris Moulder »

I think it's out of Monterey.

smw3740

Post by smw3740 »

The processing is done in Washington DC. I received an email from them saying that they are behind because of the volume of applicants and office closings due to the weather.

BROCKMAE

Post by BROCKMAE »

MADE IT! Round 2, lets go...