My chances?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

My chances?

Postby ballkn143 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone had any honest feedback about me becoming a SMART scholar.
I am currently a sophomore pursuing a B.S. in CS and want to work in Cybersecurity. Currently, I have a 3.75 GPA which will probably be around 3.5-3.7 at the end of this semester. My ACT composite was a 29. My recommendations are by a former employer at a tech firm, the dean of my school's honors college, and a CS professor. I honestly don't know how strong they are but I know it was all extremely positive. I also have not been able to do many research projects due to the lack of them at my university. No military background at all either. I just always dreamed of working Cybersecurity for the government and thought this would be an amazing opportunity.
ballkn143

Return to General Questions and the Application