Freshman GPA Question

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Freshman GPA Question

Postby SchneierN » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello!

I am looking to apply for the SMART scholarship as a freshmen, but would like to clear up some confusion with regards to reported GPA.

This being my first semester of college, I do not have any GPA besides my high school's to report - will this suffice? I saw on the website that I will be required to submit a transcript for my fall semester, but my fall semester ends about a week after the deadline for applications.

On a slightly off topic note: how heavily will they weigh test scores? I had a middling GPA of about 3.9 (weighted) but got a 36 on the ACT and I wish to know how those two would balance.

Many thanks.
SchneierN

Re: Freshman GPA Question

Postby Rerathar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Submit your High School transcript as well as your SAT/ACT scores. They may request fall transcripts after final grades are posted. As for how heavily they are weighted, I'm not sure since non-freshmen don't have to submit them.
Rerathar

Re: Freshman GPA Question

Postby codeToad » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm

I have no idea how heavily they weight your GPA from high school but it can't be all that bad. I had an unweighted GPA of only 3.7 but an SAT score of 1580. I can't imagine that getting a 4.0 for the fall semester hurt though.
codeToad

Return to General Questions and the Application