Official Email Recieved 2011

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
e3sentry

Re: Official Email Recieved 2011

Post by e3sentry »

I got it!!! Good luck to everyone!!!

(last name starts with Y)

rjbritt

Post by rjbritt »

Got it.

Rb
5:05
Computer science

Post by Guest »

everyone who was notified got it at a time x:05. Has anyone else received anything since? at a different time.

Psu

Post by Psu »

Guest wrote:everyone who was notified got it at a time x:05. Has anyone else received anything since? at a different time.
Nope I have received anything yet, but I checked the login in site and was denied, so my guess is no

Re: 2011 Winners!

Post by guest »

Just got this email:

Dear Benjamin D******,

This message is to inform you that you were not chosen as one of the 230 Round 1 Finalists for this year's award competition. Please note, a second round of up to 70 additional awards may be issued this month. Your application may be reconsidered for award at that time. ASEE will keep you apprised of your status as new information becomes available. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

Thank you,
The ASEE SMART Scholarship Program Team

Ian C

Re: 2011 Winners!

Post by Ian C »

Dear Robert C*****,

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been awarded a scholarship under the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation Program. Please go to https://smart.asee.org/award for information regarding your award offer. Your login information is the same as that used for your application. Please pay close attention to the due dates for requested materials.

Again, congratulations on your award.

The ASEE SMART Scholarship Program Team

WOOOHOOO

wilsoneri

Post by wilsoneri »

Psu wrote:
Nope I have received anything yet, but I checked the login in site and was denied, so my guess is no
Do you mean that you were denied the ability to login? Or did you login and it didn't say anything about you getting the scholarship?

Post by Guest »

Got the email, not a first round finalist. Does anyone know when they'll release second round info? Or if there even will be a second round?

2:06 pst
MA
Mechanical Engineering

wilsoneri

Post by wilsoneri »

Well I guess the login question doesn't matter anymore now.

Got the email 5:10 p.m. central time.

Not chosen.

EW

Computer Science

rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

Guest wrote:Got the email, not a first round finalist. Does anyone know when they'll release second round info? Or if there even will be a second round?

2:06 pst
MA
Mechanical Engineering
I noticed that the email said "Please note, a second round of up to 70 additional awards may be issued this month. Your application may be reconsidered for award at that time. ASEE will keep you apprised of your status as new information becomes available." What I'm thinking is that depending on the amount of accepted applicants who turn down the award, they'll try to pick others to make up for it. They probably don't expect any more than 70 applicants to turn down the award. As far as when they'll release the info, I really have no idea but would expect it to take at least two more weeks.

RPI CSE

Post by RPI CSE »

Today I am Bi-Winning!

Got my CCNA at 10:30 this morning and I received my SMART conformation at 5:05 (EST) this evening!

AFMC/ESC
BS/MS Computer and Systems Engineering and Computer Science

Ian C

Post by Ian C »

Hanscom AFB
5:00
R. C.
Electrical Engineering

Psu

Post by Psu »

wilsoneri wrote:
Psu wrote:
Do you mean that you were denied the ability to login? Or did you login and it didn't say anything about you getting the scholarship?
I tried the link everyone's posting because I haven't gotten an email. All it says is my email or password is wrong, so it's a guess on my behalf

Post by Guest »

Psu wrote:
wilsoneri wrote:
Psu wrote:
I tried the link everyone's posting because I haven't gotten an email. All it says is my email or password is wrong, so it's a guess on my behalf
I haven't gotten notification yet, but I did try the link and it was successful!

MonsterSp

Post by MonsterSp »

Time receieved: 2:05 PM
Facility: U.S. Army Information Systems Engineering Command
First letters of fist and last name: M S
Major: Information Technology

Wes

Post by Wes »

Seems like everyone who's been awarded is a M.S. or Ph.D. candidate. The only B.S. candidates awarded have some variation of a B.S/M.S. Program.

I have one year left on a dual major for B.S. degrees. Haven't heard or received anything. Not sure if that's good or bad... Tried to log-in at the award page and got nothing. Hmmm...

Ian C

Post by Ian C »

@Wes, I am just in a straight BS(EE) program, and I was awarded. I dont think thats the trend.

Wes

Post by Wes »

Ian C wrote:@Wes, I am just in a straight BS(EE) program, and I was awarded. I dont think thats the trend.
Good call. Forget what I said. Mad props Ian, congrats man :)

dafix

Post by dafix »

I got it! 5:05pm
Last name: T

Tinker AFB,
B.S.E.E.

Jim M

Post by Jim M »

Congratulations to all!

I was not selected... Not sure if I am going to apply next year or not yet as I had to put my life on hold for almost a year for this application.

I guess the sale is over and it is time to go home!

MonsterSp

Post by MonsterSp »

Wes wrote:Seems like everyone who's been awarded is a M.S. or Ph.D. candidate. The only B.S. candidates awarded have some variation of a B.S/M.S. Program.

I have one year left on a dual major for B.S. degrees. Haven't heard or received anything. Not sure if that's good or bad... Tried to log-in at the award page and got nothing. Hmmm...
Im also a straight B.S. in IT.

xkcd13

Post by xkcd13 »

Picatinny, Nj Whooo!!!

rjbritt

Post by rjbritt »

I'm a sophomore compsci major and I got it... just to clarify that not all selected were ms or phd. Congrats to all.

Post by Guest »

recieved the scholarship!

last name F
5PM

Xckid i will also be at picatinny, NJ

Post by Guest »

i didn't receive the email which is disappointing because the facility who contacted me said at the end of the phone interview: "see you next may"