Location of sponsoring facility

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Location of sponsoring facility

Post by guest »

I was wondering if anyone here has gotten a SMART scholarship, or been contacted for an interview? If either, was the sponsoring facility that called you/ gave you a scholarship one of your top 3 listed preferences, or a facility close to where you live? Just curious if where you live plays any role in the facilities that show interest... Thanks.

xkcd13

Re: Location of sponsoring facility

Post by xkcd13 »

I got a call from a facility that I had not as one of my top three. The person I talked to said that he was looking through the database of semifinalists for candidates who lived close to the facility. So yes, proximity does have an influence on what facilities show interest in you.

TK

Post by TK »

I got a call from two facilities in Texas because I listed Ft. Hood as a choice (neither of the facilities were Ft. Hood). Both interviewers wanted to confirm I would be willing to live in Texas, and it sounded like that was one of the main reasons I got a call from one of them.

Post by Guest »

They just want to make sure you are flexible and not tied down to one specific location. That is one of the key things that I was told by my AF POC.