Computer Science Majors?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
wilsoneri

Computer Science Majors?

Post by wilsoneri »

I haven't seen many other computer science students post on here. Just curious to see from where you got calls, where you listed as your top three, and just a little more about the other computer science majors that applied. I'm tired of reading about all these darn engineers. ;)

I'm a Junior Comp Sci major. Lackland AFB in San Antonio is the only place I heard from. I honestly don't remember if I had them on my top three or not (it was so hard to narrow it down to only three!).

xkcd13

Re: Computer Science Majors?

Post by xkcd13 »

I love this thread! haha

I am a computer science and computer security major. And i'm a sophomore. I applied to Hanscom AFB, and 2 other places in D.C. I was contacted by Hansom ECS (because I guess the facility I actually applied to change location) and by Picitanny AFB (whom I did not apply to).

akahuli

Post by akahuli »

Hey!

Computer Sci. major with a minor in Math. Applied all on the West Coast, Southwest Area. Applied for 3.5 years of funding (added cushion-- I am technically a Junior.) Heard from New Mexico and San Diego. I put down Arizona as my top choice on my application, but did not hear from them. Honestly I think I heard from San Diego because I am from Hawai'i and they are looking for someone to go to Honolulu. Recieved a call back from New Mexico saying that they were nominating me (Hooray!) but that it all depended on funding.(Boo)

Good luck to all of you, hopefully we can all meet each other in D.C. this summer.

Post by Guest »

akahuli wrote:Hey!

Computer Sci. major with a minor in Math. Applied all on the West Coast, Southwest Area. Applied for 3.5 years of funding (added cushion-- I am technically a Junior.) Heard from New Mexico and San Diego. I put down Arizona as my top choice on my application, but did not hear from them. Honestly I think I heard from San Diego because I am from Hawai'i and they are looking for someone to go to Honolulu. Recieved a call back from New Mexico saying that they were nominating me (Hooray!) but that it all depended on funding.(Boo)

Good luck to all of you, hopefully we can all meet each other in D.C. this summer.

Just curious, which base in New Mexico is nominating you?

Post by Guest »

Sorry took so long-- White Sands Missle Testing Area.