SF-86 and Request for Fall Transcripts

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
SmartApplicant10

SF-86 and Request for Fall Transcripts

Post by SmartApplicant10 »

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone got an email for the SF-86 or Fall Transcripts. I applied last year and made it as a semi-finalist last year. I just feel that last year I had already filled out the SF-86 and sent in my Fall Transcripts by this time. Do I not need to have fingerprint cards done or the SF-86 filled out again since I already had it done last year?

Thanks!!

guest A

Re: SF-86 and Request for Fall Transcripts

Post by guest A »

I recall reading somewhere that last year they had everyone fill out the SF-86. They decided that was an overkill so this year they are only going to have the semi-finalists being considered for the scholarship fill out the SF-86. If this is the case then it makes sense to get the SF-86 later this year than last year. Would someone verify whether my information is correct or not?

Jim M

Re: SF-86 and Request for Fall Transcripts

Post by Jim M »

This was discussed in another thread... Myself and someone else both asked this question and were told they were not yet making this request. I think (my opinion) that they are going to wait for the finalists. Background checks are expensive and time consuming.