Been Contacted?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Jim M

Re: Been Contacted?

Post by Jim M »

Please! someone call! I e-mailed yesterday otherwise I would call today.

Anyone?

mit16

Post by mit16 »

Jim M wrote:Please! someone call! I e-mailed yesterday otherwise I would call today.

Anyone?
Seconded

deryk718

Post by deryk718 »

Just sent an email asking if the notifications will come today or not until after the weekend. Also I mentioned that the log in is down. If i hear anything i'll make sure i post.

Jess

Post by Jess »

i've called several times, but have never been able to reach anyone...i will continue to try and post if i get a response

calmlyAnxious

Post by calmlyAnxious »

I sure hope this doesn't get dragged over to Monday, I have 4 tests to prepare for next week.

Post by Guest »

Last init T.

Got official email.

Not selected.

Good luck to all.

calmlyAnxious

Post by calmlyAnxious »

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been awarded a scholarship under the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation Program. Please go to https://smart.asee.org/award for information regarding your award offer. Your login information is the same as that used for your application. Please pay close attention to the due dates for requested materials.

Again, congratulations on your award.

The ASEE SMART Scholarship Program Team

not a joke, this is real**********************************

Post by Guest »

Last Initial D

Not selected. Good luck!

Post by guest »

offical email, didn't get it
DH

Jason

Post by Jason »

Got the email! I am officially a SMART person! - No April fools here. Good luck to everyone else

ZF

Post by ZF »

Got official acceptance.

Initials: ZF
Degree: EE-PhD

Ben C

Post by Ben C »

Just got accepted as well

Ben C

Post by Ben C »

Initials: BC
Degree: Phd - micro electronics

Post by guest »

Can anyone post the wording of a rejection letter? This is my first time applying to the program, and my letter almost sounds like a wait-list instead of a firm no. I was wondering if this is their standard rejection letter or not.

Post by Guest »

Ben C,
Are you a retention candidate?

Where are you going to school?

SIT_AS

Post by SIT_AS »

Whoa they're finally sending them out now? That's great!
I haven't received any notification yet, but I was the one earlier that didn't get notified of semifinalist status on the day of, so there's a good chance I mistyped my email address of something :(
Congratulations and good luck to everyone, I hope to be able to post my status very soon

Post by guest »

I got a rejection letter that was worded vaguely as well:

"This message is to inform you that you were not chosen as one of the 230 Round 1 Finalists for this year's award competition. Please note, a second round of up to 70 additional awards may be issued this month. Your application may be reconsidered for award at that time. ASEE will keep you apprised of your status as new information becomes available. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

Thank you,

The ASEE SMART Scholarship Program Team"

Is this what everyone got or is there a hard reject and a soft reject?

Ben C

Post by Ben C »

Guest wrote:Ben C,
Are you a retention candidate?

Where are you going to school?
I am going to school at University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR.
I am not a retention candidate. My degree program is a hybrid of solid state physics and electrical engineering that focuses on the science of mirco to nano scale electronics.

Post by Guest »

Very cool Ben. I work there currently. Just received a fellowship for a 4th sabbatical to get my PhD. We're bringing lots of PhDs in.

I applied for SMART, but I wasn't picked by Crane because I'm already funded and they wanted to pull other folks in.

I'm sure we'll cross paths.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:I got a rejection letter that was worded vaguely as well:

"This message is to inform you that you were not chosen as one of the 230 Round 1 Finalists for this year's award competition. Please note, a second round of up to 70 additional awards may be issued this month. Your application may be reconsidered for award at that time. ASEE will keep you apprised of your status as new information becomes available. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

Thank you,

The ASEE SMART Scholarship Program Team"

Is this what everyone got or is there a hard reject and a soft reject?

This must be the message that all "nonawardees" got... I got that one too...

anon

Post by anon »

I think they typed the email and hit "send" just as they were leaving out of the door for the weekend... lol.. must've been there plan all week

goblue

Post by goblue »

Didn't get it. :(

University of Michigan
Biomedical Engineering BS/MS
Initials A.P.