Additions to Resume?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
wilsoneri

Additions to Resume?

Post by wilsoneri »

Since it's a new semester, I'm (obviously) in new courses. In those courses I'm learning Java, C, and Perl as well as the Unix environment. I don't have these on my resume because at the time of submitting the app I hadn't learned those languages and didn't know how my schedule would be this semester.

I just got notified about being a semi-finalist (yay!), and I feel the addition of those languages would greatly boost my chances of making the next cut. Does anyone know of any way I could add those to my application by perhaps emailing the SMART program? Or am I shafted because I didn't think "I'm probably going to learn these languages, so I'll throw them on my resume" to begin with? That's probably what I should have done, but I really didn't feel like lying on my resume by stating that I knew those at the time of submission.

The languages I currently have listed are only C++ and Intel x86 assembly language. I'm also a junior computer science major, if that has an affect on anyone's responses.

-Erica

rattlehead

Re: Additions to Resume?

Post by rattlehead »

I also want to know the answer to this. At the time of application, I didn't know any programming languages, but now I am learning C++.

wilsoneri

Re: Additions to Resume?

Post by wilsoneri »

I was able to send Lackland AFB an updated resume, but that was only after they had contacted me. So it is possible, but I don't see any way of going about it unless you are contacted first. But definitely don't be shy to ask to send updated info if you are contacted!