Trouble accessing SMART Application

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Trouble accessing SMART Application

Post by guest »

Since yesterday at around noon I have not been able to access my SMART application. When I type in my username and password I receive a "404 Page not found" error. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know what causes this? I am trying to check to see if my fall transcripts have been received but because of this I am unable to sign in and check. I tried e-mailing and calling (left a message) the ASEE office but haven't gotten are response yet. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a response from them?

Re: Trouble accessing SMART Application

Post by guest »

We are currently experiencing a technical problem with our application login, and we expect that our IT department will have this resolved as soon as possible.

In regard to your transcript, we are in the process of reviewing our transcript inventory and getting the updated Fall 2009 transcripts associated with applications as quickly as we can. Meanwhile, it would be very helpful to us if you could contact your registrar’s office and ask them the exact date your transcript was mailed. This information will assist us in locating your transcript.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation with this phase of the SMART Scholarship application.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

ASEE SMART PROGRAM TEAM

C/O American Society For Engineering Education

1818 N Street, NW, Suite 600

Washington, D.C. 20036

E-mail: smart@asee.org

Post by Guest »

This is the e-mail I just got in response to mine.
guest wrote:We are currently experiencing a technical problem with our application login, and we expect that our IT department will have this resolved as soon as possible.

In regard to your transcript, we are in the process of reviewing our transcript inventory and getting the updated Fall 2009 transcripts associated with applications as quickly as we can. Meanwhile, it would be very helpful to us if you could contact your registrar’s office and ask them the exact date your transcript was mailed. This information will assist us in locating your transcript.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation with this phase of the SMART Scholarship application.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

ASEE SMART PROGRAM TEAM
C/O American Society For Engineering Education
1818 N Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, D.C. 20036
E-mail: smart@asee.org

BROCKMAE

Post by BROCKMAE »

Hey,

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I sent an email inquiring about my transcript, and when I tried to log-in today to check the site was down.

My transcript was mailed on the 8th so they should have gotten it atleast 2 weeks ago. I wonder, if they can't get their site back up and have their database updated within a day or two, how are we supposed to have new transcripts sent to arrive before the deadline? This is a mess.

I would like to change one of my preferred locations as well... let's hope it's back up soon.

BROCKMAE

Post by BROCKMAE »

I got an email from SMART today at 4:35 EST confirming they had received my transcript that I mailed on Jan. 8th. Site still down so I can't change one of my location choices... good luck on transcripts guys.

Post by guest »

I thought you could only change your contact information after you submitted your application. Can you change preferred locations?

BROCKMAE

Post by BROCKMAE »

guest wrote:I thought you could only change your contact information after you submitted your application. Can you change preferred locations?

... if you could access your profile you could change your preferred locations. But who knows if the site will ever be up before sponsoring facilities recieve lists of who preferred who.

Post by Guest »

BROCKMAE wrote:
guest wrote:I thought you could only change your contact information after you submitted your application. Can you change preferred locations?

... if you could access your profile you could change your preferred locations. But who knows if the site will ever be up before sponsoring facilities recieve lists of who preferred who.

On College Confidential, SMARTguide said the following:
"There is no need to change your facility preferences. The application is locked and we have already prepared the materials for review by our evaluation panel. "

jlit

Post by jlit »

Just to let you guys know the application page is opened back up i don't know if it isn't to late though. For the people that needed to update anything or look at the status

gwhat

Post by gwhat »

On the SMART website on your application, does anyone else's say that they haven't completed some areas yet? Mine is showing that some areas aren't done. It's probably just a glitch but it's a little disconcerting.

BROCKMAE

Post by BROCKMAE »

gwhat wrote:On the SMART website on your application, does anyone else's say that they haven't completed some areas yet? Mine is showing that some areas aren't done. It's probably just a glitch but it's a little disconcerting.

See the othe post about website issues for details...

sdgz747

Post by sdgz747 »

I have had the same issues with the SMART application. I just loggede in and it appears that everything is back to normal. All of my information now says 'done' and I can access the Preferences page to change locations. Hope this helps everyone and good luck!