Awards

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
jaf1324

Awards

Post by jaf1324 »

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I logged into my SMART profile and it notified me that I had been awarded the scholarship. Go check it out and see if they have your awards up yet.
    Last edited by jaf1324 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SillyQuestion

Re: Awards

Post by SillyQuestion »

Jaf,

Does the award come up in your notifications bell on the main page when you login?

Thanks

Anon1776

Post by Anon1776 »

Has anyone confirmed this? I'm not seeing any changes to the application status page

eppcee

Post by eppcee »

I just checked, and can't seem to find an accepted or rejected message... Maybe they're rolling them out, or maybe this is just a bad sign. I guess I just have to wait for the email to know

coolgelo

Post by coolgelo »

Thanks for the heads up! I got the award!

Let's gather some info to help the future applicants!

Degree type: BS
    Year: Second Year
    Major: Electrical Engineering
    Facility: NSWC PhD
    One of original preference selections? No.
    Facility in the same geographic region as original preferences? If so, what region? Yes, all my original preferences were on the West Coast.
    Interviewed by facility? Yes.
    Received preference call? Yes, I put this facility into one of my top three.

codingHoya

Post by codingHoya »

Just logged in a got my award!

Post by Guest »

Can anyone say where they saw the notification. Is it the bell icon? Did you go to apply and check your application status?

Helloo

Post by Helloo »

I just checked my portal and there was a notification saying I received the award! However, I did not get an email or anything, so make sure you check.

Year: Second Year
    Major: Biomedical Engineering
    Facility: One of my top three
    Interviewed by facility: Yes (phone interview)

Good luck!

jaf1324

Post by jaf1324 »

SillyQuestion wrote:Jaf,

Does the award come up in your notifications bell on the main page when you login?

Thanks
    I just logged in and it took me to an Award page. I would give it some time, it's dated the 5th of April.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

I just logged in and it told me I was offered an award! This is unreal!!!

Post by Guest »

Just logged in and the award page pops up.

Degree type: PhD
    Major: Physics
    Award Length: 2yrs
    Facility: NSWC
    One of original preference selections: No
    Interviewed by facility: Yes

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl »

I just checked my portal and was notified I have been accepted for the award! I am SO unbelievably excited :D
    Congrats to everyone else as well! And still wishing good luck to the other applicants....

Year: Third Year
    Duration of Award: 2 years
    Facility: MCTSSA
    One of original preference selections? Yes.
    Facility in the same geographic region as original preferences? If so, what region? Yes, all my original preferences were on the West Coast.
    Interviewed by facility? Yes.
    Received preference call? Yes I did. MCTSSA was always ranked as one of my top three SF preferences.

Post by Guest »

Did anybody get multiple offers in there portal that was awarded?

nervous

Post by nervous »

This is probably just me grasping at straws, but for people who listed the facility they got, it was on the west coast and it was a marine or navy facility.

Has anyone gotten an award from an army or air force facility, or one not on the west coast?

nervous2

Post by nervous2 »

nervous wrote:This is probably just me grasping at straws, but for people who listed the facility they got, it was on the west coast and it was a marine or navy facility.

Has anyone gotten an award from an army or air force facility, or one not on the west coast?
    So many straws are being grasped by me as well right now... Alack alack alack.

madison

Post by madison »

I logged onto the site and it took me directly to the award page

Major; Electrical Engineering
    Year; 1st year
    Placed; Luke Air Force Base Phoenix Az
    I didn't specify any places when I applied for the scholarship
    Had a phone interview with the Base but i did not have an interview with the SMART organization

2ndYearEngineer

Post by 2ndYearEngineer »

nervous wrote:This is probably just me grasping at straws, but for people who listed the facility they got, it was on the west coast and it was a marine or navy facility.

I'm a mechanical engineer and I got an award from an Army Facility in Virginia.

catdog

Post by catdog »

FYI, I was able to login earlier and see that I got the award, but now it does not show up.

Post by Guest »

Same! They must've caught on and disabled it. Maybe they aren't ready to roll out all awards yet. It is suppose to come out April 5th.

jaf1324

Post by jaf1324 »

catdog wrote:FYI, I was able to login earlier and see that I got the award, but now it does not show up.
    Same here, I'm guessing it was accidentally released because it was dated April 5th, but it's still eases some of that tension.

engineer

Post by engineer »

Unfortunately, I did not login earlier today so I'm still sitting in suspense!

carsonlong

Post by carsonlong »

Yes, I just logged in and my SF is Headquarters Air Force/Studies, Analyses, and Assessments at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA. I was an OR PhD applicant. Best of luck to you.

Carson

SquiggleVision

Post by SquiggleVision »

I think something similar has happened in past years. It's going to be what it is, and we'll all know eventually:-)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Same! They must've caught on and disabled it. Maybe they aren't ready to roll out all awards yet. It is suppose to come out April 5th.

Yes, The same thing happened to me. I saw I received an award, but now it has been disabled. I wonder if they are adding into the portal if you received multiple offers.

em2221

Post by em2221 »

I logged on yesterday and saw that I received an award:

Degree type: PhD
    Year: 4yr
    Duration: 2yr
    Field: Optics/Photonics
    Facility: ARL-SEDD
    One of original preference selections? No.
    Facility in the same geographic region as original preferences? Yes. My preferences were DC, LA, or HI
    Interviewed by facility? Yes, over the phone. They also notified me after that they were going to recommend me.

Logging on today the old application page has returned, but all forms were dated April 5. Excited for a notification tomorrow!