Did anyone get a SMART Program Office phone call?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
mk109

Did anyone get a SMART Program Office phone call?

Post by mk109 »

Hi everyone, on the "UPDATED Application Review Process and Timeline - Read This" post, I read the following:
-
March 15 - March 28
Evaluation Level 4
The SMART Program Office reviews application materials from and conducts phone interviews with, all candidates recommended for review by DoD agencies.
As a result of information obtained during the phone interview and application review, some candidates may be disqualified from award consideration...approximately 2/3 of all recommended candidates were offered awards.
-
I've been lucky enough to get contacted and interviewed by a SF, but I haven't been contacted by the "SMART Program Office." Have any of you been contacted by them, or does anyone know if they will contact us this year? Thanks!

Re: Did anyone get a SMART Program Office phone call?

Post by Guest »

I received a call from the SMART office a week ago asking about my interviews and if I had to re-rank my facility preferences what they would be. I believe this is because I was recommended by two different facilities but I'm not positive. I asked if the awards would come out in early April and they said yes, but did not give an exact date. The call ended with them saying that the call was not an indication of an award. Keeping my fingers crossed, goodluck!

al3293

Re: Did anyone get a SMART Program Office phone call?

Post by al3293 »

I got a call about clarifications of my semifinalist application. I was also asked how my interviews had gone and how I would rank my preferred facilities now based on how the interviews went. The lady I spoke to said that award notifications will be going out in the first two weeks of April. So. Much. Tension!