How can I be proactive about getting interviews?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
mdlc805

How can I be proactive about getting interviews?

Post by mdlc805 »

I heard about the smart scholarship while attending a conference from a warren michigan tardec recruiter. He seemed very interested in me and told me to apply. In February i received the email about being a semifinalist. Now it is almost the end of march and I have yet to recieve a interview. I have tried emailing the recruiter I met 5 months ago but he never replied. I live in near 2 bases here in southern califoria and I also want to reach out to them. Has anyone had luck reaching out to facilities. If so how did you do it. Also is there a way to find out who I should be reaching out to as far as a list of who is a smart recruiter for a certain facility. Thanks in advance

Avid Cycler

Re: How can I be proactive about getting interviews?

Post by Avid Cycler »

mdlc805 wrote:I heard about the smart scholarship while attending a conference from a warren michigan tardec recruiter. He seemed very interested in me and told me to apply. In February i received the email about being a semifinalist. Now it is almost the end of march and I have yet to recieve a interview. I have tried emailing the recruiter I met 5 months ago but he never replied. I live in near 2 bases here in southern califoria and I also want to reach out to them. Has anyone had luck reaching out to facilities. If so how did you do it. Also is there a way to find out who I should be reaching out to as far as a list of who is a smart recruiter for a certain facility. Thanks in advance
In my case, I was proactive in finding a contact in Human Resources at my SF. They have all the contacts. They know who can give bids to the SMART office and can make interviews happen. Meet with someone at Human Resources, impress them, and then they should be willing to reach out on your behalf. Having their recommendation seems to go a long way. This was the case for me.