Transfer

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
jdewey18

Transfer

Post by jdewey18 »

I'm a student at Auburn University and I applied to the program. I am also applying to transfer to Stanford. If I were to get accepted into both, would they let me transfer my award to Stanford? I'm just curious as to what you guys (and gals) think about this

malarious

Re: Transfer

Post by malarious »

What school did you report on the application? That's the one you go to. You can request a transfer after acceptance, but if they reject the request you will be stuck at auburn.

disagreewithabove

Post by disagreewithabove »

I disagree with the above response. I had no idea what school I was going to go to for my grad program when I applied. It ranged from public universities to private (stanford included which is one of the most expensive) and when I was awarded the scholarship, I was able to pick whatever school I wanted. It shouldn't matter. Ive found that if you're in contact with SMART, they are very accommodating, friendly and generally on your side. good luck!

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

For grad school you didn't even have to be accepted yet so I'm sure they let you transfer to a new school for the fall.

malarious

Post by malarious »

disagreewithabove wrote:I disagree with the above response. I had no idea what school I was going to go to for my grad program when I applied. It ranged from public universities to private (stanford included which is one of the most expensive) and when I was awarded the scholarship, I was able to pick whatever school I wanted. It shouldn't matter. Ive found that if you're in contact with SMART, they are very accommodating, friendly and generally on your side. good luck!
He told them the school he was at, so he listed a school as current attendee. That is what I was reading from his. You didn't know yours, so you acknowledged you didn't know. If he put a school down that is his required school, since they approved him for scholarship as a student of it... unless he applied without a school under his belt at the time.