Sponsoring Facilities

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Tech_Girl

Sponsoring Facilities

Post by Tech_Girl »

Hi Everyone,

For the sponsoring facilities, do you have to pick a facility or can you just pick the no preferences choice? Would they look down you if you don't pick a specific facility? I don't really know where I want to work.

kbl2017

Re: Sponsoring Facilities

Post by kbl2017 »

Previous years have highly suggested picking facilities. I was only interviewed by my first choice. A lot of people only heard from people who they selected. It also allows you to personalize a section about each of the 3 SFs. Other people may have had a different experience but for my SF I think it was a huge factor

GuEsT0102

Post by GuEsT0102 »

I did not get contacted by any of the SF's I chose on my application, but instead I was contacted by three other SF's so I am not convinced that it is necessary. However, I would suggest at least taking some time to research some SF's in regions where you might be interested to live. Maybe you'll find what they do interests you.

GuestNight

Post by GuestNight »

Heres the deal on SF:

I was interviewed by none of the people I choose as preference. These people were in cool locations that I actually turned out liking. However, I got what I chose as first preference, so preference definitely matters The SF that choose me is great, but I did not consider the location. Choose wisely, it is very important as you will spend years of your life in that location.