Reference Letter Uploads

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
eppcee

Reference Letter Uploads

Post by eppcee »

Is there anyway to tell if my references have uploaded their letters?

Currentscholar

Re: Reference Letter Uploads

Post by Currentscholar »

Last year I was able to tell. I can’t remember off the top of my head if there was a check mark for completion or just an email, but I was definitely notified. I was also applying to grad school at the time and all the applications are similar.

Be sure to follow up with your references!

LostinCyberspace

Post by LostinCyberspace »

I'm 99% sure I received an email notification each time a reference was uploaded. If this is the first time you're using references, don't feel bad about reminding them every so often (and even more often as the deadline gets closer.) Last year, I recall the website going down a couple hours before the deadline, so set your own deadline as one day before the actual deadline.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Two years ago I received an email when uploaded and I believe they appeared on the application. Similar to how the GRE scores were uploaded. I gave a deadline of a week before they were due and ended up having someone not write one because they ran out of time/forgot even with my email reminders. and had to find a backup person in that week! So don't be afraid to also have extra people.

ls3en

Post by ls3en »

I did not recieve any notification when my references submitted this year, but you can check under "application status."

Anyone else having trouble getting the notification through to references? 2/5 have told me they did not recieve it, 1 ended up in spam.

jhewitt1

Post by jhewitt1 »

ls3en wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting the notification through to references? 2/5 have told me they did not recieve it, 1 ended up in spam.
One of my references hasn't received any emails for reference submission. I've sent it three times already.

guest1001

Post by guest1001 »

You can check by logging into the site and going under apply to 'check application status'. It will say who has or has not submitted.

One of my references could not submit it themselves due to an issue with their school email blocking the links and emails from the site, so I emailed the help desk and they were able to submit it on behalf of the reference, all the reference had to do was email it to them.

DEEREN

Post by DEEREN »

guest1001 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 pm
You can check by logging into the site and going under apply to 'check application status'. It will say who has or has not submitted.

One of my references could not submit it themselves due to an issue with their school email blocking the links and emails from the site, so I emailed the help desk and they were able to submit it on behalf of the reference, all the reference had to do was email it to them.
Who did you communicate to at the help desk? I am dealing with the same situation. Thanks!