sponsoring facility

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
jtnewgard

sponsoring facility

Post by jtnewgard »

Hi all

I have worked the last few years at NAVFAC in Port Hueneme CA. Love the work and the people there, but it is not listed as a sponsoring agency on the SMART website.

So my question is, can you choose a specific facility? Or must you choose from those listed on the website?

Thanks!
Jeff

PS. Couple extra details -- I would apply under Civil Engineering and the place I would like to work is the Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (NAVFAC EXWC)

Re: sponsoring facility

Post by Guest »

I got my answer back from the SMART folks yesterday:

Jeff,

Thank you for your email. Sponsoring facilities are limited to those listed on our website and application. EXWC is not one of our sponsoring facilities.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

In case anyone was wondering...............

NotTheEnd

Post by NotTheEnd »

Guest wrote:I got my answer back from the SMART folks yesterday:

Jeff,

Thank you for your email. Sponsoring facilities are limited to those listed on our website and application. EXWC is not one of our sponsoring facilities.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

In case anyone was wondering...............
This might not need to be an ending... Since you have worked at the facility in question, you might try to ask your supervisor or someone in HR if your facility has every considered participating as a sponsoring facility through the SMART program. They might have decided not to or might not be eligible to, but if the facility decides it sounds like a good program and initiates the conversation with SMART, then they might be able to join the list of sponsoring facilities. I have no idea how long that process would be and if it would even be completed in time for you to apply this year.

Post by Guest »

Thanks, that is good advice! I'm in touch with my former co-workers and we're looking into it. I doubt everything will be figured out by Dec. 1 this year, but it's worth a shot for next year and/or getting future scholars onboard at EXWC.