SMART GPA Range

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

SMART GPA Range

Post by Guest »

I am trying to gauge the GPA that the DoD is looking for in SMART recipients. My GPA as calculated by SMART is 3.65 with senior standing in a BS/MS civil engineering program. From what I've seen in other posts, my GPA falls in the lower end of the spectrum. In fact, every recipient that has mentioned his/her GPA has had a higher one. Does anyone have any insight on this?

JimM

Re: SMART GPA Range

Post by JimM »

I am applying this year as well and my GPA is currently 3.93. With that said you being in your senior year cost less than me going in junior year and you probably have more research experience. Do you have a strong work resume?

Re: SMART GPA Range

Post by Guest »

While the cumulative GPA is important, don't forget that it's only one aspect of the application. Every piece of the application is given a numerical weight and evaluated. Don't discount your self just because of that. Besides, most of the people that are going to post their GPAs have a high one to start with. No one is going to brag about their 3.3.