Congratulations Email

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Congratulations Email

Postby guest5 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:39 pm

I received an email today from someone that I interviewed with congratulating me on receiving the scholarship and welcoming me to the team. The person also is trying to set up a time that I can come tour the facility. I was ecstatic to hear this, but I originally heard from SMART that I didn't receive the scholarship. Does this mean I received it in the second round? I have not heard from SMART, and did not get a reply back from the person.
guest5

Re: Congratulations Email

Postby kbl2017 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:51 pm

guest5 wrote:I received an email today from someone that I interviewed with congratulating me on receiving the scholarship and welcoming me to the team. The person also is trying to set up a time that I can come tour the facility. I was ecstatic to hear this, but I originally heard from SMART that I didn't receive the scholarship. Does this mean I received it in the second round? I have not heard from SMART, and did not get a reply back from the person.

That's exactly what happened to me last year when I received it in the second round. Similarly on a Friday then I received the SMART offer the following Tuesday-ish. I also emailed SMART and asked them on that Friday but they wouldn't tell me that I actually got it even though my SF had sent me a bunch of stuff and confirmed I was on their list.
kbl2017

Postby guest5 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:34 pm

I have continually been getting information throughout this week from the SF that contacted me, and have set up a site visit, as well as gotten security clearance from their base, but have still not been contacted by LMI. Should I be worried that there is a misunderstanding? I am not sure as to why I haven't received an email or any information from LMI about the scholarship, even though the SF says I got it.
guest5

Postby kbl2017 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:46 pm

guest5 wrote:I have continually been getting information throughout this week from the SF that contacted me, and have set up a site visit, as well as gotten security clearance from their base, but have still not been contacted by LMI. Should I be worried that there is a misunderstanding? I am not sure as to why I haven't received an email or any information from LMI about the scholarship, even though the SF says I got it.

I would call LMI - because this seems like a long time to have not gotten paperwork yet!!
kbl2017

Return to General Questions and the Application