Eagle Scout

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Stefan

Eagle Scout

Post by Stefan »

Hi,

I just transferred out of a community college into UCLA in EE. I did not do any science extra-curricular activities in high school or at my community college, and I'm feeling that my application is a bit weak. I did get eagle scout in high school, and I heard rumor that the military likes that. Is this true? Do I bother working it into my statement of goals/why I think DoD would benefit from hiring me?

Thanks,

Stefan

Chris Moulder

Re: Eagle Scout

Post by Chris Moulder »

You should definitely include it. I did.

Post by Guest »

Chris Moulder wrote:You should definitely include it. I did.
+1
It'll certainly be on my resume and I'm sure I'll work it in to my essays. What I've been told previously is that an Eagle Scout is something that can separate you from an otherwise equal candidate.

Post by Guest »

Would you recommend mentioning I was a Life Scout? I moved a lot so I never had the motivation due to lack of proper resources available to me.

Tina_D

Post by Tina_D »

All three of my brothers now are Eagle Scouts, so I have an appreciation for the amount of work it takes to get that far. I would definitely put it on your resume if nothing else. People will notice and it shows you have worked towards leadership positions. It can't hurt. Congrats, btw :)

emmanoah

Post by emmanoah »

Dear friends! There are Eagle Scout stories which becomes a real spirit of adventures for all those ambitious! The unofficial guide to complete earning Eagle Scout is presented at: http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/eagle-scout-essay