Retention Candidates?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Retention Candidates?

Postby Employee232 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Is anyone a retention candidate? Meaning they already had a full time job at the DoD when they applied.

Did you get the approval or rejection letter?
Employee232

Re: Retention Candidates?

Postby Rejected_retention » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:41 pm

I am (was) a retention candidate, going for a PhD in mechanical engineering. I know for a fact my current supervisor submitted my name. I interviewed with a second SF who stated they were requesting me as well.

Recieved the rejection form letter the same time as everyone else.
Rejected_retention

Postby Employee232 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:57 pm

Thank you for the response.

I was interviewed, and am a retention candidate. All the same I got a rejection letter.
Employee232

Postby Dglush » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Retention canidate who was not interviewed. Got acceptance notification today.
Dglush

Postby wannabephd » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:42 pm

I was a retention candidate as well. My supervisor wrote a letter of approval for me and asked to keep me on board. Never received an interview and got a rejection letter today too.
wannabephd

Return to General Questions and the Application