2018 SMART Awardees

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: 2018 SMART Awardees

Postby CassM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm

I got the award!!!
CassM

Postby guest123456789 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:40 pm

got a password reset error, anyone else get this?
guest123456789

Postby guest38495 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm

guest123456789 wrote:got a password reset error, anyone else get this?

Is this the link you guys are using? I don't see a forgot password option.

https://smartscholarshipprod.service-no ... m_stack=no
guest38495

Postby ClinicalNeuroPRISM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:51 pm

EliosHarg,

Have you heard anything??
ClinicalNeuroPRISM

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Can everyone post what discipline they applied under? And what lab selected them ?

Postby physicsgirl123 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Is this for first time awardees or reapplication
physicsgirl123

Postby ClinicalNeuroPRISM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:58 pm

physicsgirl123 wrote:Is this for first time awardees or reapplication

apparently both are receiving notice already
ClinicalNeuroPRISM

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:07 pm

What labs did people get selected by ? And what discipline did they apply under??

Postby Awardee2018 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:18 pm

I am a Mech E and got one with Carderock
Awardee2018

Postby Guestchris » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:30 pm

CS at TARDEC
Guestchris

Postby ClinicalNeuroPRISM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm

The dreaded email has arrived... :( Congratulations to the rest of you tho!!! go celebrate!!

Dear SMART Applicant,

Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service. At this time you have not been selected for an award. The Department of Defense will continue to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in offering you an award at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2018 application cycle. Please consider applying again in the future. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

Sincerely,

SMART Staff
ClinicalNeuroPRISM

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm

ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:The dreaded email has arrived... :( Congratulations to the rest of you tho!!! go celebrate!!

Dear SMART Applicant,

Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service. At this time you have not been selected for an award. The Department of Defense will continue to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in offering you an award at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2018 application cycle. Please consider applying again in the future. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

Sincerely,

SMART Staff

Although I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, there is still a chance of receiving the award.

Postby kbl2017 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Guest wrote:
ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:The dreaded email has arrived... :( Congratulations to the rest of you tho!!! go celebrate!!

Dear SMART Applicant,

Sincerely,

SMART Staff

Although I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, there is still a chance of receiving the award.

This is the same non-rejection rejection we received last year. It's possible this just means original round rejections or another large wave.
kbl2017

Postby EliosHarg » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:51 pm

ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:EliosHarg,

I received the award notification while in class today. Hopefully, you will get in during the second round of awardees (they usually go out after the first deadline, which is 4/23).
EliosHarg

Postby markrodr » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:41 pm

I received an award letter today! I was selected by the DIA in DC. I don't recall having them as my preferred SF but nonetheless, I am humbled to have been selected. I am an EEBS student who is in the accelerated masters EE program. Congrats to those who were selected and to those who didn't make it this time around, know that as engineers there are tons of opportunities out there for you, never give up!
markrodr

Postby ClinicalNeuroPRISM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:49 pm

EliosHarg wrote:
ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:EliosHarg,

I received the award notification while in class today. Hopefully, you will get in during the second round of awardees (they usually go out after the first deadline, which is 4/23).

Congratulations Elios! I knew you would get it ! Thanks, I really hope so. I’m going to try not to think about it too much since I know the odds are very low.
ClinicalNeuroPRISM

Postby bennyandboo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I'm a Mech E with a minor in CS and was chosen for FRC-East

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten awarded!
bennyandboo

Postby cmjansse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 pm

I got my award notification! My SF is Marine Corps Systems Command in Quantico, VA. I'm an EE major doing the combined Bachelors/Masters degree program.
cmjansse

Postby Guestchris » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:02 am

cmjansse wrote:I got my award notification! My SF is Marine Corps Systems Command in Quantico, VA. I'm an EE major doing the combined Bachelors/Masters degree program.

Congrats. I did 4 years in the Marine Corps, 2 of which I was stationed in D.C.
We did field ops in Quantico when training. It sucks during training, but it is a beautiful place to be if you like nature
Guestchris

Postby nanro » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:32 am

Congrats to all!!

I'm EE PhD, I got offered an award at SSCPAC in San Diego.
nanro

Postby GuEsT0102 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:23 am

Congrats everyone!

I'm a BSEE student. SF is the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Technical Center in Redstone Arsenal, AL.
GuEsT0102

Postby smart2018navy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am

Awardee2018 wrote:I am a Mech E and got one with Carderock

I'm a materials engineer with carderock! I had the award for the past 2 years for my undergraduate degree, Carderock is amazing! can't wait to see another SMART student on the base!
smart2018navy

Postby benhjake » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:16 am

GuEsT0102 wrote:Congrats everyone!

I'm a BSEE student. SF is the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Technical Center in Redstone Arsenal, AL.

Hi fellow Redstone Arsenal awardee! My SF is the Missile and Space Intelligence Center (MISC), also in Redstone Arsenal. Congratulations to everyone who got the award, and good luck to everyone waiting to hear about the second round.
benhjake

Postby gingersnap » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:48 am

I got it! AFTAC at Patrick AF in Florida! I only just found the email because it redirected into my junk mail folder. For those interested, BS in Chemistry.
gingersnap

Postby RetentionApplicant » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 am

Hey all. Sorry I just quickly read through these.. busy day at work. Anyway I got my letter last night which was nice to see this morning. Tried logging on the website and logged in just fine.. But nothing is appearing. None of the info I should be seeing in the profile to show where I'm going or anything like that is appearing. Not that big of a deal as I was informed last week I was getting it, but I would also prefer to see the stuff on the website. Anyone else having this issue? I'm sure it's because the site is still under development (I hope). Just curious. Thanks and congrats all!
RetentionApplicant

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions and the Application