2018 SMART Awardees

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
CassM

Re: 2018 SMART Awardees

Post by CassM »

I got the award!!!

guest123456789

Post by guest123456789 »

got a password reset error, anyone else get this?

guest38495

Post by guest38495 »

guest123456789 wrote:got a password reset error, anyone else get this?
Is this the link you guys are using? I don't see a forgot password option.

https://smartscholarshipprod.service-no ... m_stack=no

ClinicalNeuroPRISM

Post by ClinicalNeuroPRISM »

EliosHarg,

Have you heard anything??

Post by Guest »

Can everyone post what discipline they applied under? And what lab selected them ?

physicsgirl123

Post by physicsgirl123 »

Is this for first time awardees or reapplication
2019 Recipient | B.S. Physics

ClinicalNeuroPRISM

physicsgirl123 wrote:Is this for first time awardees or reapplication
apparently both are receiving notice already

Post by Guest »

What labs did people get selected by ? And what discipline did they apply under??

Awardee2018

Post by Awardee2018 »

I am a Mech E and got one with Carderock

Guestchris

Post by Guestchris »

CS at TARDEC

ClinicalNeuroPRISM

The dreaded email has arrived... :( Congratulations to the rest of you tho!!! go celebrate!!

Dear SMART Applicant,

Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service. At this time you have not been selected for an award. The Department of Defense will continue to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in offering you an award at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2018 application cycle. Please consider applying again in the future. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

Sincerely,

SMART Staff

Post by Guest »

ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:The dreaded email has arrived... :( Congratulations to the rest of you tho!!! go celebrate!!

Dear SMART Applicant,

Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service. At this time you have not been selected for an award. The Department of Defense will continue to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in offering you an award at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2018 application cycle. Please consider applying again in the future. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

Sincerely,

SMART Staff
Although I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, there is still a chance of receiving the award.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Guest wrote:
ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:The dreaded email has arrived... :( Congratulations to the rest of you tho!!! go celebrate!!

Dear SMART Applicant,

Sincerely,

SMART Staff
Although I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, there is still a chance of receiving the award.
This is the same non-rejection rejection we received last year. It's possible this just means original round rejections or another large wave.

EliosHarg

Post by EliosHarg »

ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:EliosHarg,

I received the award notification while in class today. Hopefully, you will get in during the second round of awardees (they usually go out after the first deadline, which is 4/23).

markrodr

Post by markrodr »

I received an award letter today! I was selected by the DIA in DC. I don't recall having them as my preferred SF but nonetheless, I am humbled to have been selected. I am an EEBS student who is in the accelerated masters EE program. Congrats to those who were selected and to those who didn't make it this time around, know that as engineers there are tons of opportunities out there for you, never give up!

ClinicalNeuroPRISM

EliosHarg wrote:
ClinicalNeuroPRISM wrote:EliosHarg,

I received the award notification while in class today. Hopefully, you will get in during the second round of awardees (they usually go out after the first deadline, which is 4/23).

Congratulations Elios! I knew you would get it ! Thanks, I really hope so. I’m going to try not to think about it too much since I know the odds are very low.

bennyandboo

Post by bennyandboo »

I'm a Mech E with a minor in CS and was chosen for FRC-East

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten awarded!

cmjansse

Post by cmjansse »

I got my award notification! My SF is Marine Corps Systems Command in Quantico, VA. I'm an EE major doing the combined Bachelors/Masters degree program.

Guestchris

Post by Guestchris »

cmjansse wrote:I got my award notification! My SF is Marine Corps Systems Command in Quantico, VA. I'm an EE major doing the combined Bachelors/Masters degree program.
Congrats. I did 4 years in the Marine Corps, 2 of which I was stationed in D.C.
We did field ops in Quantico when training. It sucks during training, but it is a beautiful place to be if you like nature

nanro

Post by nanro »

Congrats to all!!

I'm EE PhD, I got offered an award at SSCPAC in San Diego.

GuEsT0102

Post by GuEsT0102 »

Congrats everyone!

I'm a BSEE student. SF is the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Technical Center in Redstone Arsenal, AL.

smart2018navy

Post by smart2018navy »

Awardee2018 wrote:I am a Mech E and got one with Carderock
I'm a materials engineer with carderock! I had the award for the past 2 years for my undergraduate degree, Carderock is amazing! can't wait to see another SMART student on the base!

benhjake

Post by benhjake »

GuEsT0102 wrote:Congrats everyone!

I'm a BSEE student. SF is the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Technical Center in Redstone Arsenal, AL.
Hi fellow Redstone Arsenal awardee! My SF is the Missile and Space Intelligence Center (MISC), also in Redstone Arsenal. Congratulations to everyone who got the award, and good luck to everyone waiting to hear about the second round.

gingersnap

Post by gingersnap »

I got it! AFTAC at Patrick AF in Florida! I only just found the email because it redirected into my junk mail folder. For those interested, BS in Chemistry.

RetentionApplicant

Post by RetentionApplicant »

Hey all. Sorry I just quickly read through these.. busy day at work. Anyway I got my letter last night which was nice to see this morning. Tried logging on the website and logged in just fine.. But nothing is appearing. None of the info I should be seeing in the profile to show where I'm going or anything like that is appearing. Not that big of a deal as I was informed last week I was getting it, but I would also prefer to see the stuff on the website. Anyone else having this issue? I'm sure it's because the site is still under development (I hope). Just curious. Thanks and congrats all!