Notifications

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Notifications

Post by Guest »

I just received an email from SMART today saying, "Award notifications are anticipated to go out by mid-April."

Guest_2

Re: Notifications

Post by Guest_2 »

Did you send them an email asking, or did you just receive this email out of the blue?

Post by Guest »

I sent them an email inquiring when we should here something back.

Guest_3

Post by Guest_3 »

Well that is a bit frustrating. The award affects my choice of grad school.

School_choice

Post by School_choice »

Guest_3 wrote:Well that is a bit frustrating. The award affects my choice of grad school.
I'm in the same boat. One PhD program is extremely relevant to a particular SF that I interviewed with, a second program provides a great transition to industry. April 15th will be here soon...

guest00000002

Post by guest00000002 »

has anyone mentioned to the program that the scholarship affects their decision?

Post by Guest »

I am in the same boat at least regarding whether or not I would accept SMART. I was awarded a full fellowship for my PhD, but the SMART stipend would be more than what my fellowship amount would be.

Guest2121212

Post by Guest2121212 »

Oh man. I was expecting notifications this week based on what others were saying.

Post by Guest »

So was I. I understand deadlines for many people, for what school they are attending, are dictated right now by whether or not they get SMART.

Maybe, someone should email them and try and get a hard date on announcements from LMI.