Bioscience Interviews?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
CuriousUser

Bioscience Interviews?

Post by CuriousUser »

Has any bioscience applicants recieved any corespondance from any SF? I haven't received any contact from a SF and I'm not sure if I should be worried or not, becuase I've heard that some SF don't interview but I'm not sure if that's true.

fellowbioscience

Re: Bioscience Interviews?

Post by fellowbioscience »

Hi!

I was a bioscience applicant last year. I got one interview with the Defense Forensic Science Center, and fortunately they chose me as their scholar. But, I haven't heard of many bioscience interviews or applicants.

Good luck!

appnxtyr

Post by appnxtyr »

I was wondering what types of majors are included in the bioscience category? Is it closer to biomedical engineering? Classic biology major? Thanks

smart

Post by smart »

appnxtyr wrote:I was wondering what types of majors are included in the bioscience category? Is it closer to biomedical engineering? Classic biology major? Thanks
It's probably a mix of both, depending on what the SF needs. My degree is in integrative biology, which is basically just biology.