TARDEC, Warren Michigan

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Question

TARDEC, Warren Michigan

Post by Question »

Has anybody received any contact from TARDEC? If so what is your major, year, etc?
Anybody else apply there?

Question

Re: TARDEC, Warren Michigan

Post by Question »

Would also be curious to hear from people who applied here and didn't hear anything yet.

malarious

Post by malarious »

TARDEC can take a bit to get back to you. TARDEC gives the scholars stack to all the teams, and the teams usually discuss if they want people and who they want. Any team that wants you may call you. HOWEVER, teams may list you without calling to talk to you as well. I was listed by 3 teams and called by 1. Silence is not always a problem here.

You will get a call and e-mail if they want to talk to you. They will usually do a brief call first, and schedule a longer call with other people on the line. In my case, I talked to the team leader, a prior SMART scholar, and someone from a different part of the team.

Not a whole lot of information I can give here sadly, especially with this year having a new org running SMART. There are several hiccups, and the prior scholars cannot even access our old information. I am an EE major (which TARDEC loved) that started SMART last year.

Question

Post by Question »

malarious wrote:TARDEC can take a bit to get back to you. TARDEC gives the scholars stack to all the teams, and the teams usually discuss if they want people and who they want. Any team that wants you may call you. HOWEVER, teams may list you without calling to talk to you as well. I was listed by 3 teams and called by 1. Silence is not always a problem here.

You will get a call and e-mail if they want to talk to you. They will usually do a brief call first, and schedule a longer call with other people on the line. In my case, I talked to the team leader, a prior SMART scholar, and someone from a different part of the team.

Not a whole lot of information I can give here sadly, especially with this year having a new org running SMART. There are several hiccups, and the prior scholars cannot even access our old information. I am an EE major (which TARDEC loved) that started SMART last year.

Do you know if they are interested in CS majors this year?
For reference I am a veteran and a very high performer academically (CS is my second BS degree).

Question

Post by Question »

I'm also local, too. I only live maybe 5-10 minutes away.

malarious

Post by malarious »

Sorry for delay!

Yes, they like CS too.

Both groups that called me use CS majors. In fact the first team is mostly CS.